The Judicial Council is the policy-making body for Georgia’s judiciary, chaired by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Georgia. The Judicial Council is composed of 27 members, representing every class of court and the State Bar of Georgia. The Council meets at least four times a year to consider new judgeships, budgetary and legislative matters, and judicial branch programs and policies.
- Judicial Council Membership Order May 5, 2016
- Judicial Council Bylaws
- Judicial Council of Georgia Members’ Guide
- Records Retention Schedules
- Statewide Judiciary Civil E-Filing Steering Committee
- Judicial Council Standing Committee on Technology
- Judicial Council Ad Hoc Committee on Criminal Justice Reform
- Judicial Council Strategic Plan Update 4/18/19
- Judicial Council Strategic Plan Map
Next Council Meeting:
The Judicial Council of Georgia will meet Friday, August 23, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at the Anderson Conference Center in Macon, GA. The agenda and materials will be available online in advance of the meeting.
The Judicial Council Meeting Calendar for 2019:
|Friday, February 15, 2019||10 a.m. – 2 p.m.||Sloppy Floyd Building - Atlanta, GA|
|Friday, April 26, 2019||10 a.m. – 2 p.m.||Columbus Convention & Trade Center - Columbus, GA|
|Friday, August 23, 2019||10 a.m. – 2 p.m.||Anderson Conference Center - Macon, GA|
|Friday, December 6, 2019||10 a.m. – 2 p.m.||The Carter Center - Atlanta, GA|
Regular Council Meeting Agendas:
As part of the judicial branch of the State of Georgia, the AOC, Judicial Council and its respective committees, commissions, and boards are not subject to Georgia’s open meetings and open records laws. Meeting information, agendas, and materials may be provided as a courtesy. Any compliance with open meetings or open records laws is strictly voluntary and does not require future compliance.